MAGNIFICENT XVIth CENTURY CASTLE THE LOIRE VALLEY 20 min NORTH OF TOURS
This superb property of 9 hectares 20 minutes from the city center of Tours is a haven of peace hidden in lush greenery.
This 16th century castle has undergone a careful renovation allowing you to appreciate the charm and authenticity of the era with all modern comforts. Everything in this magical place is only elegance and refinement.
You arrive by a beautiful alley of lime trees which leads you to a stone bridge which overhangs the moat. The entrance to the courtyard is made by a monumental wrought iron gate with electric control.
The 1,500 m2 courtyard of honor distributes the castle, an old converted chapel and two square watchtowers.
The chateau, with a living area of ??around 500 m2, includes:
– Ground floor :
– an upscale fitted kitchen of 45m2 and a back kitchen of approx. 20 m2
– a dining room of approx. 40 m2 with a magnificent vaulted ceiling
– a living room of approx. 62 m2 with fireplace
– a library of approx. 40 m2
– an office with access to the library of approx. 10 m2
– guest toilet, cloakroom, boiler room
– 1st floor :
– 1 master suite of approx. 45 m2 with bathroom and shower of approx. 25 m2
– 1 office with fireplace of approx. 24 m2
– 2 bedrooms of approx. 22 m2
– 1 bathroom with separate WC
– 2nd Floor :
– 1 TV lounge of approx. 60 m2
– 1 guest bedroom of approx. 18 m2
– 1 guest bedroom of approx. 22 m2
– 2 bathrooms
The old converted chapel of approx. 170 m2 includes:
– In the basement: a healthy and temperate wine cellar of approx. 50 m2 with a capacity of 1500 bottles
– Ground floor: a large office with workshop and WC of approx. 60 m2
– 1st floor: an independent studio of approx. 60 m2 with access to the main courtyard including a living room with sleeping area, an open kitchen, a bathroom and a WC.
The two square watchtowers of approx. 100 m2 each are used as storage places.
The other outbuildings consist of a double garage and a caretaker’s house of approx. 55 m2.
The main courtyard is open to the east on a pleasant park beyond the moat with a heated swimming pool (12x7m), heat pump, electric curtain and a stone terrace of approx. 200 m2. Pool house with summer kitchen cloakroom and bar.
A vegetable garden of approx. 600 m2, meadows and woods complete the package.
This quiet property without any nuisance is not isolated because it is 1.5km from a village with all shops, services, restaurants and schools. Motorway access to Paris at 8 km and TGV station at 20 km (55 min from Paris by TGV).
The castle is registered in the Additional Inventory of Historic Monuments and benefits from the advantageous taxation of historic monuments.
- Country: France
- Neighborhood: Tours Center